
The common misprecception that people have is that Valentine's Day is a holiday celebrating love in a relationship but in reality, it's meant to celebrate love. I'm a lover of family, friends, life... and love. Love is what keeps us going in some shape, form or fashion. Whether it be the love and support of the people around us or the love for sucess and accomplishing our goals no matter how big or small. So tomorrow don't be sad that you have no signifigant other but be happy that you've experienced love in some way and that should make you feel whole. You're not missing out on anything the next person has.
Ok, now that I've given my spill on Valentine's Day, I can say that my experiences have not supported the celebrating "relationship love." I have had a boyfriend on Valentine's Day since my senior year in high school and i have yet to feel like I have trully experienced a great Valentine's Day. Sure I received flowers, cards and candy even a teddy bear once or twice but I don't feel like it came from the heart. I guess I'm just not the traditional kinda girl when it comes to gifts. I believe gifts that come from the heart are thoughtful and make you feel special. That's what I want and I refuse to settle until it happens.
Good luck to all you lovers out there....
No comments:
Post a Comment